1. Master plan: IB Physics should be prepared well in advance, especially when you are aiming to get seven. But if due, for whatever reasons, you are not fully prepared, and you have a few days before your exams, don’t worry, you can still try hard to score a 7.
Before picking a random book and preparing, create your master plan. This will give you more clarity on what needs to be done and when. Out of 12 topics, you need to start with Mechanics and then move on to other topics. Fix your number of hours to be given to Physics, and then stick to your plan.
2. Time Management:
Time management is very important for preparation as well as while attempting the exam. If you have opted for HL Physics, just maximise your time devoted to preparing Physics.
Look for the quick review notes, which can give you a gist of all the concepts and write down all the important formulae on a paper for each topic. Keep pasting them in your room so that you can have a look at those formulae at any time. Keep one day for doing a couple of mock papers where you follow the time constraint. This will help you to analyse your speed. Only a well-planned preparation timetable will be helpful here.
- Challenge yourself: Do not run away from the task. Challenge yourself and believe that you can do it, and you will.
Keep yourself focused only on that one aim: Score a 7.
Give yourself a 7-day challenge and keep a reward for yourself to fulfill each day’s goal.
One day to revise everything that you cover. It has to be a quick revision. The key concepts provided on websites like tribe topper can help you with a very quick revision. This revision should get over two days before the exam.
5. Topic-wise Question Banks:
No topic is complete unless you practice the questions from the past papers for that particular topic because only exam-style question practice can help you apply your knowledge. This gives you an idea of what type of questions are covered in the exam and how to approach them. Detailed solutions of topic-wise question banks are available in your school library or online resources like Tribe Topper. You can check out and take full advantage of the resources.
6. Past papers: After all the content preparation, practicing enough past papers is the most important key. Only the past papers can give you the best idea of the type of questions to be covered in a specific subject if you can get solved past papers from some website, that would be even more helpful because that saves your time when you get any answers wrong. First, you should go through the topic-wise question banks and then some solved papers. Once you feel fully confident, solve a mock paper to gauge yourself.
7. Difficult topics: Know your difficult topics but start with the easiest ones. Because the easiest ones will be covered up faster, and when you know that most topics have been covered and only 3 to 4 most difficult ones are left, the pressure is much less on your head. Give more time to difficult ones. There is no very difficult topic. It’s all in mind. Read your notes, practice a few questions and take a quiz.
8. Rest: Do keep 6 hours for a good sleep at night so that your body and brain are well-rested. Because the brain works at its full efficiency only when it gets to rest after regular intervals, twenty-four hours in a day are enough to carry out your whole action plan.
9. Meditation and Envision: When you are utterly stressed, just sit in peace, close your eyes, and take deep breaths. Now envision yourself starting off and heading towards success. Envisioning success is a big motivator. You automatically feel motivated and enthusiastic. It also gives you more clarity about your future goals. Once you decide your goal, plan it. Once you have planned it, put it into action.
10. Sleep well: All your preparation should get over at least 15 hours before the exam. Sometimes students keep reading their notes till the last hour and do not sleep the whole night. Due to this, they forget a lot of stuff during the exam because when the brain is not well-rested, it doesn’t work at its full efficiency. Therefore, you must sleep well on time and wake up fresh. After a good sleep, you also feel more relaxed and confident with less confusion.